Encona Spicy Caribbean Vegetable Soup
Cooking Time: 30 mins Prep time: 25 mins
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly cubed
- 250g cooked black eye beans
- 3 celery sticks plus leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 250g of tinned chopped tomatoes
- 500ml vegetable stock, made from concentrate
- 250ml of tinned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp Encona West Indian Original Hot Pepper Sauce
1) In a large saucepan fry the onion, carrot, celery and thyme for 3-4 minutes over a medium heat until they begin to soften.
2) Add the sweet potato, tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, vegetable stock and bay leaves. Bring to a steady simmer and cook for about 20 minutes stirring every so often.
3) After 20 minutes add the black eye beans and season with the Encona West Indian Original Hot Pepper Sauce. Continue cooking for a further 10 minutes and serve.